My Bucket List

After reading The Bucket List to Mend a Broken Heart by Anna Bell I thought that it was about time that I created one of my own. I realised that there wasn’t anything pressing that I wanted to do and that got me a bit worried. If you don’t want for anything you can get a bit bored and stagnant. Idle hands and all that jazz. So I have decided to create a bucket list. After pondering this for a few days I realised there are a few things that I want to do. So here is my list.

• Learn how to play the piano – I had some lessons a few years back but due to reasons that I would rather not go into those lessons had to cease. This was after spending £500 on an electronic piano – not a keyboard, a full size 88 key piano. Admittedly, it has sat stagnant for a good few years. I want to become proficient in piano playing. Not to expert level but good enough to justify this purchase.
  • Learn how to play the ukulele – I like music and I love ukulele music. It is hard to feel melancholy when a song is played by the ukulele. Again, I have this instrument I just do not know how to play it…yet.
  • Learn sign language – are you sensing a theme? I like learning things and I have always wanted to learn sign language. I think the root of the desire to learn the last three things is because I was deaf as a child. I think this has had an impact on my love of music and also my want to be able to communicate with people who are hearing impaired.
  • Keep learning French – a few years ago I re-sat my GCSE in French and I received an A* for my efforts but I haven’t advanced much past this level. I want t be fluent.
  • Go to Paris – This one goes hand in hand with the previous desire. I love Paris. I love the feelings that it invokes and I will spend time there. I will buy books from Shakespeare and Co. I will eat delicious pastries in Montmartre. I will go there.
  • Clear my NetGalley review pile – I made the classic mistake when I signed up for NetGalley and I went on a mad clicking spree and then I realised that I had a million books to review. I will get it finished.
  • Own a kitten – I want a kitten.

So yes, there is my Bucket List. I would love to know what things are on yours so let me know in the comments below.

22 Comments

1. 17th April 2016 / 7:01 am

More than one blog is talking about this book today. Looks like it should be on my bucket list for next month’s reading.

2. 17th April 2016 / 7:01 am

3. 17th April 2016 / 9:50 pm

Great list! Which are you going to start on first?

My bucket list is LONG and is here: tinykelsie.com/before-i-kick-the-bucket/ I’ve already done at least 20 but I haven’t marked off the online list.

4. 17th April 2016 / 9:50 pm

Great list! Which are you going to start on first?

• 18th April 2016 / 6:02 pm

I think I’m gonna start with the ukulele. It only takes about an hour to learn and there are some really easy videos on YouTube. I will have to check your list out. go you though for having done 20 already. Impressive x x

• 19th April 2016 / 6:52 pm

That’s a good idea. I love the sound of songs played on the ukulele.

5. 18th April 2016 / 1:39 am

I did the exact same thing with NetGalley! My pile is out of control! I’m working hard to get it down, but I think my percentage is like 20-something? It’s terrible! All I’ve been reading since the beginning of the year, minus 5, have been NetGalley related. Ahh! Good luck getting your ARC pile down!

• 18th April 2016 / 6:03 pm

You too. It is silly isn’t it. You get bookcited and click away…yet it doesn’t stop me from still requesting books. Vicious cycle x x

6. 18th April 2016 / 1:39 am

• 18th April 2016 / 6:03 pm

7. 18th April 2016 / 1:36 pm

Great list. Here’s one that I did over 3 years ago. It’s a parenting bucket list.

8. 18th April 2016 / 1:36 pm

9. 22nd April 2016 / 1:10 am

That’s a great list and you are right, you must like learning things! I would like to get a piano and play regularly – I took years of lessons, but I don’t have one. Maybe someday!

10. 22nd April 2016 / 1:10 am

11. 3rd May 2016 / 11:45 am

Learning sign language would be cool. It’s on my list after learning Spanish.

• 3rd May 2016 / 5:08 pm

I just signed up for an online course – all video based. Good luck! x

12. 3rd May 2016 / 11:45 am

Learning sign language would be cool. It’s on my list after learning Spanish.

• 3rd May 2016 / 5:08 pm

I just signed up for an online course – all video based. Good luck! x

13. 7th September 2016 / 10:00 pm

Musical instruments are always great to have on a bucket list. Like a whole new world we’ve been missing. Great post