After reading The Bucket List to Mend a Broken Heart by Anna Bell I thought that it was about time that I created one of my own. I realised that there wasn’t anything pressing that I wanted to do and that got me a bit worried. If you don’t want for anything you can get a bit bored and stagnant. Idle hands and all that jazz. So I have decided to create a bucket list. After pondering this for a few days I realised there are a few things that I want to do. So here is my list.
- Learn how to play the piano – I had some lessons a few years back but due to reasons that I would rather not go into those lessons had to cease. This was after spending £500 on an electronic piano – not a keyboard, a full size 88 key piano. Admittedly, it has sat stagnant for a good few years. I want to become proficient in piano playing. Not to expert level but good enough to justify this purchase.
- Learn how to play the ukulele – I like music and I love ukulele music. It is hard to feel melancholy when a song is played by the ukulele. Again, I have this instrument I just do not know how to play it…yet.
- Learn sign language – are you sensing a theme? I like learning things and I have always wanted to learn sign language. I think the root of the desire to learn the last three things is because I was deaf as a child. I think this has had an impact on my love of music and also my want to be able to communicate with people who are hearing impaired.
- Keep learning French – a few years ago I re-sat my GCSE in French and I received an A* for my efforts but I haven’t advanced much past this level. I want t be fluent.
- Go to Paris – This one goes hand in hand with the previous desire. I love Paris. I love the feelings that it invokes and I will spend time there. I will buy books from Shakespeare and Co. I will eat delicious pastries in Montmartre. I will go there.
- Clear my NetGalley review pile – I made the classic mistake when I signed up for NetGalley and I went on a mad clicking spree and then I realised that I had a million books to review. I will get it finished.
- Own a kitten – I want a kitten.
So yes, there is my Bucket List. I would love to know what things are on yours so let me know in the comments below.