Hello bookish folks,
So it is February. The Beast from the East has arrived and my little corner of the world is blanketed in snow. It is the perfect weather to wrap up, drink tea, eat biscuits and read books which is exactly what I am doing because I am a bit poorly sick. I have the lurgy: cold that is affecting my colitis. Sad times. Ah well.
So February has been good to me bookwise. I read an awful lot.
So here are the books that I have read.
- Almost Midnight by Rainbow Rowell (Two Short Stories)
- The Midnight Dance by Nikki Katz
- The Summer of Crud by Jonathan LaPoma (NetGalley Copy)
- A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks (Re-read)
- The Last Laugh by Tracy Bloom (NetGalley Copy)
- Parsnips, Buttered: How to Win at Modern Life, One Email at a Time by Joe Lycett
- The Story of Our Lives by Helen Warner (NetGalley Copy)
- Goodbye, Perfect by Sara Barnard (NetGalley Copy)
- The Phantom’s Apprentice by Heather Webb (NetGalley Copy)
- The Inaugural Meeting of the Fairvale Ladies Book Club by Sophie Green (Physical Review Copy)
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- The White Rose by Satyam Singh Tomar (Short Story)
- Rebel Bitch by Sylph Plato (Short Story)
- Between a Rockstar and a Hard Place by Portia Macintosh (Short Story)
- Mind the Gap by Phil Earle (Short Story)
- Valentine’s Day at the Café at the End of the Pier by Helen Rolfe (Short Story)
- Saving Miranda: A Love…Maybe eshort by Catherine Ferguson (Short Story)
- The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert (NetGalley Copy)
So 18 books read is pretty impressive but seven of those were short stories so I can’t get too smug about this. I think my favourite book of the month has to be The Last Laugh by Tracy Bloom. If you want a funny, heartbreaking but overall beautiful read then this has to be your next read. Coming a close second was Goodbye, Perfect by Sara Barnard. It is such a great read. You need to read it.
I am currently reading Marilyn Monroe by Barbara Leaming and The Wicked Cometh by Laura Carlin. Both are quite good. I don’t think I will have them finished before tomorrow. Who knows? I may do.
Oooh in other good news I have managed to increase my NetGalley percentage from 36% to 37%. It is slowly crawling upwards. Woohoo!
Anywho, my bookish lovelies, I hope you have a great March filled with great stories and lots of chocolate.