Having read so many books this year, it was a daunting task having to choose my top 10. I managed to cull my favourites down to a top 25 then I read another book that I wanted to include. Having a blog post of my top 26 books just seemed silly. So I became ruthless.
After much deliberation, debate and soul searching I managed to narrow it down to ten. Here are my top ten books of 2014.
10) Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel
9) Just One Day by Gayle Forman
8) Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
7) Thirst by Kerry Hudson
6) Liberty Silk by Kate Beaufoy
5) Amy, 27: Amy Winehouse and the 27 Club by Howard Sounes
4) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
3) The Last Days of Rabbit Hayes by Anna McPartlin
2) Trouble by Non Pratt
1) The Opposite of Loneliness: Essays and Stories by Marina Keegan
What are your top reads for this year?